Study in Ireland from Bangladesh
Ireland, also entitled to be Europe’s most entrepreneurial nation, is a beautiful island country, with exceptional job opportunities.
With World-Class Universities, internationally recognized qualifications and extensive choice of courses, education in Ireland is value for money due to shorter and more intensive courses.
It is home to many of the world’s top high-performance companies such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Intel, Genzyme, and EA Games. It’s also a hub for the World’s Largest IT, Pharma and Finance Companies offering excellent employment opportunities for International Students.
Chances to get indefinite right to stay also makes Ireland an ideal study destination in Europe.
Study in the Ireland University
Ireland is making a headway as one of the most preferred study destinations for international students in Europe as it has one of the best education systems in the world. Majority of the international students are keen on getting admission in Ireland as it is an English-speaking country. Its higher education system ranks in the world’s top 20. Ranked to be the most peaceful place universally, named as the friendliest country, secured a place in the world’s top 10 for Better Life Index; all these factors and the sociability and warmth of Irish citizens make Ireland an easily adaptable nation for international students.
Ireland is the ideal study destination for those looking for IT, Pharma or Finance related courses due to the good job opportunities available here. The higher education institutions in Ireland offer 5000+ programs with universally acknowledged qualifications in varied fields leaving ample option for international students to study in Ireland. The tuition fees in Irish universities is reasonable as compared to other popular study destinations. Most of the master’s degrees in Ireland are for one-year duration. International students at postgraduate or Ph.D. level are eligible for 24 months stay back option.
The cost of education in Ireland ranges between 9000 Euros to 25,000 Euros per year for the undergraduate courses and 11,000 Euros to 25,000 Euros per annum for the post graduate courses. The tuition fee varies depending on the chosen course as well as the university. The living expenses range from 7000 to 10000 euros per annum.
Not sure if Ireland’s education system is for you? Take a look at the multiple study options you have as an international student.
Before you get on the plane, there are some important documents you’ll need. If you are from a non-EU (non-European) country, you will most likely need a student visa for Ireland. Don’t worry, we’re here to help with all that boring paperwork!
Student visa Ireland – What you need to know
If you are thinking about moving to Ireland to study from Bangladesh, you may need a student visa. We recommend you check the document requirements for your country with the INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service) and if you need a visa, ask your IDP counsellor to help with the visa application process.
You should apply for your Irish study visa as early as possible, as it normally takes eight weeks or longer to process. You can apply up to three months before you arrive.
You must submit the required documentation, passport photograph and appropriate fee for the correct visa type, to the correct offices. You may also be required to provide biometrics information.
We highly recommend that you ask your IDP counsellor to guide you through the process, to ensure everything is done correctly. If the documentation is not what’s required, you risk having your student visa refused.
• You can check your Ireland visa application status online, using your Visa Application Number. to see if your visa has been processed. This list is updated weekly
• If your visa is approved, the Irish Embassy office will attach your visa to your passport
• If your visa is refused, you can appeal the decision if it’s within two months
No. Non-EU international students studying in Ireland are not allowed to bring their family with them. Spouses and children of international students can apply to live in Ireland separately.
If your visa application is refused, the college will refund the fees, minus a small application fee.
• A recent passport-sized photo
• A passport that is valid for 12 months
• A signed letter of application which explains why you require the visa
• A Letter of Acceptance from the Irish university, college or school, confirming you have been accepted and enrolled on a course of full-time education
• Evidence that you have paid your tuition fees in full or, if they are more than €6,000, you must pay at least this amount to satisfy visa requirements
• Evidence that you have taken out private health insurance that meets the requirements of your visa
• Evidence of English language proficiency. Most Irish universities and colleges require IELTS of 6.5
• Evidence that you or your sponsor has sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees and cost of living expenses
• Evidence of your scholarship, if you have been granted one
• If you are applying from China, India, Nigeria, Russia, United Arab Emirates or the United Kingdom, you may need further documentation
There’s a lot involved in the visa application process. Take off the pressure and get expert advice from an IDP counsellor. We’re here to help you with your visa application.
Most Irish study program include an internship or work placement. This part of the program cannot be more than 50% of the duration of the program. For example a four-year program allows a maximum of two years of work placement. Work placements must form an essential part of the study program.
Possibly. The Irish Government’s Third Level Graduate Scheme offers graduates of Irish higher education institutions a one-year stay back visa so that they can stay in Ireland and seek employment. This is extended to two years for postgraduate students.
Legally resident non-EU third level graduates can also apply for a Green Card Permit, which is a way to stay in Ireland long term. This allows you to work for a particular employer in an occupation where there is a shortage of skills.
Are you planning to study in the UK, Canada or any other foreign country? Contact us today for a free consultancy at our Dhaka office.